UAB's Virtual Fair for Master's Degrees, Graduate Courses and PhD Programmes
Informative sessions with each programme's direction, from the 22th to the 26th of May. Registration is open!
- UAB University Master's Degree
- Credits: 60 ECTS
- Course begins on 19/09/2022
Beginning of the pre-enrolment period 06/02/2023
See the calendar
- Pre-registration period: Open
- Places: 60 places
Price: €27.67 per credit (EU citizens and non-EU holding an EU residence permit). 2022/23 Academic year.
€92 per credit (non-EU citizens who do not hold an EU residence permit). 2023/24 Academic year.
- Language: Spanish (60%), Catalan (20%) and other languages (English / Chinese 20%)
- Mode: Classroom-based learning
Faculty of Translation and Interpreting
This one-year, classroom-based master's degree offers two very differentiated specialisations:
The research specialisation (“Translatology and Intercultural Studies”):
- Prepares you for your entrance into a PhD programme.
- Backed by the extensive experience of members of the Department of Translation and Interpreting and East Asian Studies.
- Ability to cater to students with very diverse research interests, thanks to our researchers from many areas and languages.
- You will be able to spend a research stay at another university during your second semester, thanks to numerous exchange agreements with universities around the world.
- Offers two language combinations: Chinese-Spanish and English-Spanish.
- Includes 100 hours in a private firm, institution or organisation.
- Lecturers with years of teaching and professional experience.
- You will also be able to spend your second semester at another university, and complete your 100 hours abroad or online.
The master's degree in Translation and Intercultural Studies periodically contacts its former students with the aim of learning about the percentage of students currently working, and those working at university or in research activities.
The result of the surveys point to a majority of graduates working within the translation sector, with specific profiles such as the following:
- Freelance translator
- In-house translator
- Project manager
- Language technician
The research specialisation "Translatology and Intercultural Studies" prepares students to continue onto a PhD programme. The specialisation counts with the extensive experience of the Department of Translation and Interpreting and East Asian Studies in training future researchers in translation and interpreting, and with the department's current research lines and groups: http://pagines.uab.cat/doctorat-traduccio/en
A high percentage of former students from the research specialisation have gone on to enrol in PhD programmes in different universities around the world.
I was interested in literary translation and interculturality and this master has given me the theoretical and methodological basis to start my career as a researcher. Zhimeng Bai