UAB's Virtual Fair for Master's Degrees, Graduate Courses and PhD Programmes
Informative sessions with directors and coordinators. From the 26th of February to the 1st of March: Registration is open!
You can also send the form on this page to request personalized attention.
- UAB University Master's Degree
- Credits: 60 ECTS
Course begins on 16/10/2023
Course ends on 26/07/2024
Beginning of the pre-enrolment period 01/02/2024
See the calendar
- Places: 30 places
Price: €27.67 per credit (EU citizens and non-EU holding an EU residence permit). 2023/24 Academic year.
€75 per credit (non-EU citizens who do not hold an EU residence permit). 2023/24 Academic year.
- Language: Catalan (10%), Spanish (80%) and English (10%)
- Mode: Classroom-based learning
Faculty of Communication Studies
The master’s degree in Media, Communication and Culture provides broad and solid theoretical and methodological knowledge to help you take on a critical viewpoint when analysing and understanding the main problems existing in the interaction between communication, society and culture from a cultural and humanistic perspective.
It is fundamentally addressed to those interested in research and teaching in the field of Communication and Cultural Studies.
It also offers a professional orientation for those more interested in gaining knowledge and skills in the field of journalism, the media and new communication forms in a context of accelerated transformation.
The programme is made up of specialised lecturers, with years of experience in the academic, journalistic and cultural and political management fields related to communication and culture, and who maintain a very close relation with their students.
Since the first edition of the programme was offered in the 2012/13 academic year, the master’s degree has always had a very balanced percentage of students from several different countries, which has been very enriching for all those involved: students from the UAB and other Catalan universities, students from around Spain, and several international students, particularly from Latin America and Europe, but also from some Asian countries.
This university master’s degree gives you the possibility of entering the PhD programme in Media, Communication and Culture , and therefore is the gateway to an academic career in Communication Studies. At the same time, it trains professionals with the skills needed to design and direct innovative research projects in the field of communication and, in a broader sense, in cultural policies. Finally, if you are interested in pursuing a professional career in journalism you will gain additional training which will provide you with the ability to produce complex and quality journalism, with the aim of transmitting the various crises and transformations undergone by society. Therefore, career options for graduates of the master’s degrees are:
- Professionals of the academic field, both in universities and secondary schools or vocational training centres, in sectors which are increasingly growing and demand good professionals.
- Professionals in the political or estructural management of communication and cultural issues, for both public and private institutions, associations, cooperatives and other types of entities. This is a sector which has been greatly transformed by the exponential growth of social networks and new digital narratives, and has the need for critically-minded professionals with solid training, capable of analysing, understanding and finally meeting the communication needs of social actors.
- Professionals in journalism interested in carrying out their job in today’s scenario of transformations within the communication systems.
It is an introduction to research work and allows you to study the relation between Communication and Culture holistically so that you can acquire a critical vision.Luis Miguel Barcenilla
The master’s degree offers the possibility of acquiring essential tools needed in communicative mediation and in understanding its effects in the political, economic and cultural fields.Adrián Vázquez Paredes
The lecturers gave me the confidence as a leader and inspired me to continue to contribute to society from a critical thinking standpoint.Kristine Drowne
As a Latin American student, it allowed me to complicate discussions about feminisms, colonialism, class and other useful categories to think about new horizons of transformation.Gabriela Márquez Rosales