UAB's virtual fair for Master's Degrees, Graduate Courses and PhDs
Information sessions will be held online from 17 to 21 of May: clear up any doubts you may have directly with the coordinators of your next master's degree, graduate course or PhD programme. Registration is open!
- UAB Graduate Diploma
- Code: 3453/7
- 7th edition
- Modality: Onsite
- Credits: 30 ECTS
- Start date: 01/10/2021
- Finish date: 18/06/2022
- Places: 24
- Orientation: Professional
- Price: 2950 €
Special price 2655 €
Group of application:
- Teaching language: Catalan
- Location: E.U. de Fisioteràpia Gimbernat, Av.Generalitat 202-204, 08174 Sant Cugat del Vallès (Barcelona)
This graduate diploma aims to give professional training to physiotherapists in the use of fascial therapies as a treatment tool in the different areas of the profession.
As therapists we use the connective system provided by fascial tissue to achieve an integrated vision of the functioning of the organism, rather than treating it analytically segment by segment.
In the different therapeutic specialities more and more professional physiotherapists are using it to treat their patients, with manoeuvres that are non-aggressive but highly effective. They have found fascial therapy to be an ideal way of meeting their objectives.
Career opportunities- Fascial therapies were first used in osteopathy, but their use has spread in recent years throughout the physiotherapy profession, to a point where they are now one of its most commonly used treatments.
- Fascial therapies can be used to treat a large number of skeletal and visceral disorders. For this reason they are highly useful to physiotherapists of any specialty. This course trains them to use these techniques with a large number of patients.
- Fascial Assessment and Treatment is now an important subject in the Bachelor's Degree in Physiotherapy, and a graduate diploma in this area will provide professional practitioners with the knowledge to treat their patients holistically.
- Many physiotherapists look to these techniques as a way to treat certain common visceral dysfunctions, which means expanding their potential patient base beyond those with musculoskeletal disorders.
- This training is of interest both to hospital-based physiotherapists mainly treating patients sent through the social security system or insurance companies, and to those in private practice.
- Whatever their field, this form of treatment is ideal for working with patients of different ages in a way that is non-aggressive but highly effective.
- Fascial therapy is used in: osteopathy, physiotherapy in geriatrics, neurological physiotherapy, paediatrics, trauma, orthopaedics and many more specialities.
Scholarships and financial aid
Chek all the information in the page for UAB financial aids, grants and calls.
Escuela Universitaria de Enfermería y Fisioterapia Gimbernat
Departament d'Anatomia i Embriologia Humanes. Facultat de Medicina de la Universitat de Barcelona
Ricard Tutusaus Homs