UAB's virtual fair for Master's Degrees, Graduate Courses and PhDs
Information sessions will be held online from 17 to 21 of May: clear up any doubts you may have directly with the coordinators of your next master's degree, graduate course or PhD programme. Registration is open!
- UAB-specific Master's Degree
- Code: 2433/13
- 13th edition
- Modality: Onsite
- Credits: 70 ECTS
- Start date: 05/11/2021
- Finish date: 27/05/2023
- Places: 35
- Orientation: Professional
- Price: 5180 €
Special price 4662 €
Group of application: Alumni UAB Premium
Special price 4921 €
Group of application:
- Teaching language: Catalan (50%), Spanish (50%)
- Location: Escola de Prevenció i Seguretat Integral. Edifi blanc, Campus UAB. 08193 Bellaterra (Barcelona)
The Master’s degree in the Management of Food Security and Quality trains professionals to respond to the guarantees of security and reliability demanded by companies and the public in the processes of producing, making, transforming and commercialising food products and services.
The course is of a practical and professionalising nature. Students carry out the following activities with the support of a tutor:
- Online and on-site sessions.
- Field visits and company visits.
- Optional extracurricular activities in the area of food security and quality.
The Master’s degree is made up of two postgraduate courses, which may be taken individually:
- Postgraduate course in Food Security: focused on risks and prevention.
- Postgraduate course in the Right to Food Quality and Security: this focuses on the legislation in this area applied to the agricultural food sector.
To obtain the Master’s degree students must pass both postgraduate courses and do a final Master’s degree project.
Career opportunities- Technical manager of agrofood companies.
- Managers of the Council Regulation of products with Designation of Origin and other seals of quality.
- Auditors of food safety systems.
- Certifiers for food safety systems.
- Consultants in food quality and safety systems.
- Head of food distribution chains.
- Consultant to implementations of food safety policies in the industry.
- Directors and technicians of laboratory specialising in standards ISO/IEC 1702.
Thanks to the master's degree and its job bank, I have been able to find a job where areas as different as food security and the social and labor reintegration of people deprived of liberty are mixed.David Leal
UAB masters and graduate diplomas may include or facilitate external academic internships in companies or institutions in order to help the student to achieve a level of expertise that facilitates the insertion or promotion in the workplace...
These internships may be curricular (compulsory) or non-curricular (optional).
Curricular practices are those which are included in the curriculum of the studies and, therefore, must be overcome to obtain the degree. The programme manager will explain you the details of how, where and under what conditions you should do the internship.
Extracurricular practices are those that are not included in the curriculum of the studies. You can choose to do them in addition. The coordination of your program will explain the details of how, where and under what conditions can they be carried out.
Scholarships and financial aid
At the UAB grants' website you will find information on financial aids, grants, competitions, prizes and subsidies for the university community.
Chek all the information in the page for UAB financial aids, grants and calls.
Escuela de Prevención y Seguridad Integral
Formació Continuada FUAB