UAB's virtual fair for Master's Degrees, Graduate Courses and PhDs
Information sessions will be held online from 17 to 21 of May: clear up any doubts you may have directly with the coordinators of your next master's degree, graduate course or PhD programme. Registration is open!
- UAB-specific Master's Degree
- Code: 2221/13
- 13th edition
- Modality: Onsite
- Credits: 60 ECTS
- Start date: 30/09/2021
- Finish date: 16/06/2022
- Places: 35
- Orientation: Professional
- Price: 3800 €
Special price 3420 €
Group of application:
- Teaching language: Catalan (75%), Spanish (25%)
- Location: E.U. d'Infermeria de l'Hospital de Sant Pau, C. Sant Antoni M. Claret 167, Barcelona
The Master's degree in gerontological and geriatric nursing at the University Nursing School of Santa Creu and Sant Pau (EUI-Sant Pau), has been designed from the need to train professional experts in geronto-geriatric care at a time when society demands specialists that offer a response to the needs of an ageing population, forecast to grow.
To guarantee the quality and excellence of this Master's degree we have an expert team of lecturers and specialists of recognised prestige in the areas of gerontology and geriatrics as well as management. Representatives from each area make up a committee of experts for the Master's degree, with the principal function of offering guidance in terms of the content of the course and their continual updating in line with the characteristics and demands of society.
All students acquire advanced specialist training in the process of ageing and professional care for the elderly from an integrated viewpoint, and specifically for the study, diagnosis and treatments of illnesses of old people and their rehabilitation and recovery.
Career opportunitiesMaster's graduates can work as:
- Members of interdisciplinary teams in functional hospital units
- Manager in nursing centres offering integrated treatment to the elderly and in processes of chronic illness (home care)
- Manager of nursing care services in internal medical units and acute geriatric units in hospitals
- Manager of nursing care services in a social healthcare context (short stay and long stay, convalescent units, day hospitals, psychogeriatric units and palliative cures)
Scholarships and financial aid
Chek all the information in the page for UAB financial aids, grants and calls.
Escuela Universitaria de Enfermería del Hospital de la Santa Cruz y de San Pablo
Elvira Hernández Martínez-Esparza