PhD in Psychology of Communication and Change
The PhD in Psychology of Communication and Change (C&C) was preceded by the training and research carried out on the Pasychology of Communication: social internaction and human development programme. C&C offers a range of research lines that selectively cover interest in human communication in couples, the family and groups on the one side and the conceptual and methodological needs of different psychological disciplines linked to scientific study and intervention in areas such as development, education, social work, health, organisations, cyberspace, physical activity and sport etc.
The central aim of the programme is to take a closer look at the different phenomena of change related to communicative interaction and its context. From a scientific foundation open to methodological complementarity we highlight the rigour, innovation and tranfer of research as the central axes of the programme that guide the PhD training.
In terms of areas for the doctoral thesis the programme offer the following groups of study:
- Cognitice and communicative processes.
- Social interaction and psychological development.
- Prevention and promotion of the communicative relationship in social, educational and health ambits. Prevenció i promoció de la relació comunicativa a àmbits socials, educatius i sanitaris.
- Observational methodology and evaluation of programmes in communication and change.
The PhD programme in Psychology of Communication and Change is addressed to graduates in Psychology or related areas who have taken a master's degree in one of the following: social sciences, communication studies, education and development, medicine and health sciences, behavioural sciences or physical activity and sport.
Applicants should take account of the thesis topics proposed by the research groups in keeping with their lines of research. Therefore, applicants' academic and methodological backgrounds and research interests must fit in with options provided by the programme.
Applicants can propose up to three lines of research (in order of preference) to which they could contribute through their own research project.
This PhD programme provides the following principal career options:
- University teaching and research.
- Teaching in schools.
- Social services.
- Financial, political, religious or non-governmental organisations.
- Organisations engaged in creativity, human resources or entrepreneurship.
- Conflict resolution.
- Programme assessment.
- Legal psychology.
- Social networks.
- Physical activity and sport.
Objectives and justification
- Promote innovation and transfer of knowledge through PhD research aimed at offering responses to problems of communication and change following the lines of research defined by the programme.
- Develop conceptual and methodological competences to guarantee quality research in the psychology of communication and change.
- Offer exchange opportunities facilitating different levels of mobility among the research staff, associates and external collaborators and among the PhD students and the research groups and other institutions external to the programme organisation.
J. Reinaldo Martínez Fernández (UAB)
Secretary of the Department of Basic, Developmental and Educational Psychology
B5 Building, 08193 Bellaterra (Cerdanyola del Vallès)
Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona
- Morning: from 9:30 am to 13:30 pm.
- Afternoon: from 15:30 pm to 17 pm (Friday afternoon closed)
Tel: +34 93 581 13 77 / +34 93 581 2758
Fax: +34 93 581 33 29
Contact: Esther Calderon Fajardo
Fees: aprox. €540 per year View detail of the PhD's fees
Languages in which the thesis may be written:
English, Spanish and Catalan
Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona
Universitat de Barcelona
Associated departments or institutes:
Department of Basic, Developmental and Educational Psychology
Universitat de Girona
Universitat de les Illes Balears
Universitat de Lleida
Universitat Rovira i Virgili
Universidad de Extremadura
Universidad de Oviedo
Universidade de Santiago de Compostela
Universidad de Sevilla
Universidad de Zaragoza
Universidade de Coimbra (Portugal)
Universidade Estadual Paulista (Brazil)
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de Mèxico (DF and Iztacala)
Université de Poitiers (France)
Université Toulouse II-Le Mirail (France)
Centre de Recherches sur la Cognition et l'Apprentissage (CeRCA)
Human Behavior Laboratory. University of Iceland
ICE NET lab., Catholic University of Sacred Hearth (Milan)
School of Culture and Communication. Södertörn University (Sweden)
Arts and Humanities
Need more information? Contact the programme manager filling in this form: *Required fields
Once the form has been sent in you will get a confirmation e-mail
Additional information: https://doctoradocomunicacionycambio.wordpress.com/